As women, I believe we long to do something meaningful with our lives and to bring value into the lives of the people we love. We also long and to be valued for the meaning we bring to the world, and we want to be loved for who we are.
I recently saw a Pinterest post of a rock painted with the words “You are enough.”
I am enough? Really?
Enough for what?
- Enough to bring meaning and value to my world without being overwhelmed and out of balance?
- Enough to be valued and loved without being emptied of every last drop of self?
- What if I put down the superwoman façade?
- Will I still be enough?
- Will you?
Perhaps you, like me are ready to replace the pressures of perfectionism with the relief of being real.
Hello, I’m Elise Thompson, a colleague of Corey’s.
As wife of 28 years, a mother of three and a licensed marriage and family therapist for 15 years I have often experienced the challenges of this balancing act called life. Even though we may be super connected through social media we often feel alone and isolated about the things that matter the most to us. In fact, social media outlets often do no more than increase our feelings of insecurity as we read about the success and “wonderful” lives of others.
A hundred years ago our grandmothers and their relatives and friends would have gathered in kitchens and parlors to cook and sew and share life. I am not suggesting that we need to go back to more traditional roles in order to be more authentic. I am however suggesting that we need an outlet to drop the masks.
So maybe this new online mastermind group for wives is for you.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow emotionally, to be encouraged and to encourage others in a way that won’t add too much to your already busy schedule consider joining our upcoming online group.
Each group will consist of a limited number of women and will last for 12 weeks. This isn’t a first-come first-served type of group. This is about finding the women who are really interested in investing in their own lives, and the lives of others.
There will be 6 virtual group meetings that take place via video-conference online. So all you have to do is find a quiet space with good Internet access to meet, from wherever you are in the world. There will also be a member’s only forum and some easy to digest material to help you along the path to dropping the cape or mask and discovering what real relationships can look like.
- All sessions will take part on Zoom (similar to GoTo Meeting) and recorded in case you cannot make one.
- Times we meet will be every other Tuesday at 11 am Central Time for roughly one hour each, beginning January 17th.
- Throughout the 12 weeks you will have group support via a private Facebook page or Forum, plus I’ll be around to provide any encouragement and support along the way.
- Being part of this group is an application basis only.
To get three months working with me would normally cost around $1400 – to join this 12 week group will cost $147 (this time only, after this initial offering the price will go to $197).
If you’re interested in joining this group, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s begin the conversation.