Editor’s Note: This post is from Tess Marshall of The Bold Life.
What would your marriage look like in 2011 if you focused on improving it for the next twelve months?
In a world filled with stress and fear the very thing we can find comfort in–our primary relationship, we tend to ignore or take for granted. Being in a loving relationship has a positive effect on every area of our lives.
Print this article, discuss it with your spouse, and then put it on the refrigerator.
Begin to take action today.
Your reward will be a happy family.
50. Schedule date nights regularly.
49. Speak your truth in a respectful way.
48. Ask for what you want or need.
47. Share your feelings often.
46. Create magical moments.
45. Compliment your spouse daily.
44. Change yourself instead of trying to change your spouse.
43. Look your best, dress up and be well groomed.
42. Lower your expectations.
42. Learn to enjoy each others company.
41. Plan for good times.
40. Support each other’s individual goals.
39. Create goals together.
38. Do service work together.
37. Eat as many meals together as possible.
36. Talk to each other for 30 minutes a day.
35. Pray or meditate together.
36. Share in each others interests.
34. Touch your spouse several times a day.
33. Kiss every day for at least 12 seconds.
32. Apologize and state how your behavior will change.
31. Spend time away from each other.
30. Be trustworthy.
29. Remove the television from your bedroom.
28. Accept each other’s flaws.
27. Don’t take each other for granted.
26. Give each other space.
25. Offer to help with daily chores.
24. Say please and thank you no matter how big or small the act.
23. Always give away the extra cookie.
22. Serve yourself last.
21. Check in with each other while apart by talking or texting.
20. Clean the other’s car.
19. Watch some TV together.
18. Be the first person to pick up the dishes from the table.
17. Smile often.
16. Gaze into each other’s eyes.
15. Eat meals slowly and really listen when the other speaks.
14. Refuse to hold a grudge.
13. Cuddle often.
12. Be honest.
11. Forgive often.
10. Surprise each other.
9. Spend 3 weekends alone together each year.
8. Plan and stick to your budget together.
7. Always discuss major purchases before making them.
6. Laugh at each others mistakes.
5. Never threaten each other.
4. Make honesty your best policy.
3. Respect each other.
2. Remember together you’re a team.
1. Make love often.